Thursday, May 23, 2013

Little Big Burger

Currently, I am in Eugene, Oregon visiting my old friend. If you didn't know, last year (2011-2012) I attended the University of Oregon! I missed my friends so much that I HAD to come back and visit them. Slowly but surely I have been meeting up with all of the friends and we partake in my favorite activity, eating. On this particular day, my friend Keith and I went to "Little Big Burger." Now this place prides itself on it's fresh ingredients and slider sized burgers.

Burger flippin' goodness
As you can see in the background, the menu is extremely simple. You can either have a cheese burger (with Tillamook cheddar, bleu, chèvre, or swiss), hamburger, or veggie burger.
Menu
I got the cheese burger with chèvre, and it was amazing! I never had chèvre in a burger before, so I knew I HAD to try it. Apparently, you can request to get your burger "pink" or else they just prepare it well done, but I forgot to mention it because I was too excited about getting my burger. Nonetheless, it was still deliciously juicy and just the right size for me.
Cheese Burger with Chevre [$3.25]
Some may think that it is really expensive for what you get, but I believe it is fair priced. It's true you can probably get a bigger burger at McDonald's for cheaper, but would you really want to? I'll take quality over quantity any day. Plus, when you think about it, gourmet burgers usually run about $6-$9! This burger is more than half the size of a gourmet burger and still about half the price. I'd say it's a good deal.

Now arguably the most exciting part about eating at "Little Big Burger" are the truffle oil fries. Even if people don't like the burgers here, they definitely cannot resist the beautiful aroma and taste of the fries!
Truffle Oil Fries [$2.75]
I really enjoyed my experience at "Little Big Burger," but I had a feeling I would. The owners (or employees, not sure what they were) were SUPER nice! They let us sit and talk for like a good 2 and a half hours. While I was waiting for my friend I even just sat in their restaurant without buying anything for a good 20 minutes and they never bothered me. I would definitely recommend this spot if you are craving a good little burger and are near the University of Oregon campus! Don't forget the fries!

Oh yeah, they have their own special brand of ketchup they use too! It is a little tangier than regular ketchup. It's not for everyone, but you should try it!
Available for sale, too!