Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cart de Frisco

I regret that I didn't have a blog when I ate at this little cart because I wish that I could have posted my initial feelings. The story behind Cart de Frisco is that it is a little food cart (literally a cart, not a truck) that is parked outside of the University of Oregon gate near the Duck Store on 13th. When I attended the UO during my freshmen year, I had always noticed that this little cart was either closed or had a line. They would also participate in the ASUO Street Fair! Sadly, I never had the opportunity to try this deliciously messy food of the heavens until my most recent trip to the good ol' Eug.

So you're probably wondering "why Frisco?" Apparently frisco sauce is made red wine, olive oil, butter, thyme, and salmon bones! I am sure that everyone makes their sauce different, so I am not exactly sure how this specific cart makes theirs.

I went with my friend Carmen, so I knew we had to do the split technique so that we could try more things. I ordered the Chicken Sandwich and Carmen ordered the Frisco Noodle. You can customize how spicy you want your dish to be so I chose spicy and Carmen chose mild.

Chicken Sandwich [$6.50] 
Frisco Noodle [$6.50]
The prices were phenomenal! As you can see, both of the dishes were $6.50! Carmen and I only ate about half of everything! That's ridiculous, if you ask me. Everything was super tasty and hardy. My favorite dish would have to be the sandwich. I'm sorry, but nothing compares to the euphoric feeling of sinking your teeth into a delicious burger/sandwich and having the sauces just get all of your face and drip down your elbows. There wasn't THAT big of a difference between mild and spicy, but that can change daily. The only thing that could be improved is the flavoring of the noodles in the Frisco Noodle. The container that the food was in was so small that there was no way I could have mixed the sauce from the chicken onto the noodles without it getting everywhere. But that is just my first world rant, I should be happy that they gave me such a large portion!

Anyway, would highly recommend this place, especially if you are on a budget. It is superb as far as campus food carts go!