Friday, May 24, 2013

University of Oregon

If you are in the Eugene area (and I have no idea why you would be), you need to visit the University of Oregon campus. I attended the University of Oregon for one year (Fall 2011-Spring 2012), and let me tell you, the campus is beautiful. The whole ambiance is something worth experiencing. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing campus, but the vibe it gives off is what gives it life. Walking around the campus by myself after not being here for about a year really made me appreciate the simple beauty of the university.
The "Jesus Loves You" Man's Bike
Among "Frog" and the "LTD Guy," "Jesus Loves You" man is an integral part of the UO experience. He is not one of those "crazies," as far as I know. He's just always on campus with his bright and colorful bike wearing his very religious signs (that people often ignore).
Hamilton: McClain Hall
Ah, good ol' McClain. This was my dorm during my freshman year. So many memories took place in this building. I am very fond of this building and all of the good (and bad) times that took place in it.
Lillis (Business)
Lillis has to be the most beautiful building on campus, and the inside is even more stunning. Love it, and I love that they kept the giant "O" on it. They originally put the "O" on the building for College Gameday so it could be seen in the background. I can proudly say that I woke up at like 4:30 in the morning to be at the College Gameday (for marching band).
Deady Hall
 During my freshman year, I had an 8:30 math discussion class at McKenzie (building right past Deady), so I would always have to walk past this beautiful historic building. There was something about walking back to my dorm after my class, past the looming trees and creepy ol' Deady, that made my mornings very peaceful.
The Museum of Natural and Cultural History
This particular structure is very nostalgic for me because it was my first impression of the University of Oregon when I was still touring the campus as a high school senior. To meet up with our tour group, we had to walk past the museum from the parking lot and I thought this specific structure was so amazing.
Hayward Field
Hayward Field is the field that made Eugene famous because of the Olympic trials. Due to that, Eugene calls itself "Tracktown USA." It is a track runners dream to be able to run on this specific field and I could say it was the view from my room. Very blessed.
Pink Roses
This is just one example, because there are many, of the beautiful flowers that grow on the campus. I never noticed how beautiful the flowers in spring/summer are!
Marching Band Field
This field (used for lacrosse), was where I spent my Wednesday and Friday nights during fall term for marching band. I wonder if my blood, sweat, and tears are still saturated in the astroturf...When I saw this field I felt really nostalgic because this is where I first met all of my band friends during the two-week band camp. I didn't have any other friends up because it was before school actually started, so I was forced to bond with completely new people. When I see this field, I see all of the friendships I have made, dedication, and inner strength. The human spirit really is a powerful thing, isn't it?