Thursday, May 23, 2013

Larry's Cupcake Cafe

My friend Brian had told me about this new cupcake place that he had heard good things about, and I knew we had to go there immediately. Now this place isn't your typical "make it just for kids" type of cupcake place, they actually make such sophisticated flavors (some involving alcohol) that would only target adults. It is located in downtown Eugene, conveniently close to the Saturday Market.

The impression I got of this place upon entering through the glass doors, was how organized and clean it looked. So different from the typical Eugene way of haphazardly decorating with whatever "hipster" decorations can be scavenged from yard sales.
I had heard things about their cupcakes and their cream puffs, so I knew I had to get both. As a way to both taunt my boyfriend and show him that he's always in my thoughts, I decided to get the "Apple Pie Surprise" cupcake, because apple desserts are his favorite.
(Left) Raspberry Cream Puff [$0.75]
(Right) Apple Pie Surprise Cupcake [$3.75]

White Chocolate Marionberry Cupcake [$3.75]

Tiramisu Cupcake [$3.75]
Mocha Madness Cupcake [$3.75]

Very Berry Cupcake [$3.75]
Each cupcake was filled with a surprise of some sort! Not to toot my own horn, but I believe I made the best choice with mine. The presentation of the cupcake was adorable, and I love how the frosting piped so that it looked like an apple pie! The cream puffs were also amazing! The cream wasn't heavy at all, but it still had the strong flavor of raspberry. The puff pastry was beautiful crafted to be amazingly soft and fluffy. They also had a buy 3 for $2.00 deal. Although the cupcakes were pricier than what you would normally pay for a cupcake (standard $3.75 price), I believe that "gourmet" cupcakes are worth every penny. Larry's cupcakes were particularly moist and creative. Best I have had in Eugene so far. Would recommend to ANYONE.

Larry!