Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Noisette Pastry Kitchen

On a rainy Eugene day just like any other, Natsumi and I decided to go to Noisette Pastry Kitchen, located in downtown Eugene! Okay, to be honest, I had been planning for us to eat there for like the whole week prior. I heard rave reviews about their pastries and new that it would be a wonderland for our stomachs, and cameras.

Upon entering, the first thing you notice is their huge open kitchen! You can see people rolling dough, forming crusts, etc. It is so neat! Especially for a pastry buff like myself. They have all their ingredients and tools out, nearly spilling into the eating area. The vibe was also very inviting. It had a very minimalist cafe feel. The tables were propped on barrels, and there were only a few customers just relaxing, reading a book, having a conversation, or enjoying a fresh cup of coffee.


The service at the counter is really attentive. Everything looked so fresh, I had such a hard time deciding. The goodies on the far right were all pastries (like breakfast/lunch) and the goodies in the glass case were desserts.

Natsumi and I started off with some savory brioches because it was almost lunch time, but they hadn't brought out the other lunch options such as flatbreads and sandwiches. They were super tasty and fresh! I got the goat cheese brioche and Natsumi had the sausage and cheddar cheese brioche. Mine had a fluffier texture, while Natsumi's had a crunchier texture. Natsumi also got an almond macaron which was ridiculously cheap and incredibly good.
Goat Cheese Brioche [$3.25]
Sausage & Cheddar Brioche [$3.25]
and
 Almond Macaron [$0.50] 
For dessert, I got the strawberry tart and Natsumi got the chocolate mousse cake. I loved mine to the moon and back because I am a sucker with anything with custard, crust, and fresh fruits. It is my perfect dessert. We almost missed it too! We were going to order and then I spotted something red from inside of the kitchen. I was like, "WHAT IS THAT!?" and the rest is history! The pastry cream was incredibly light, the strawberries incredibly fresh, and the crust incredibly buttery. A little pricy, but the presentation was so cute and the flavors were so amazing. I felt like I was in France!
Strawberry Tart [$4.75]
Strawberry Tart (inside)
Okay, to be honest, I am not a super fan of chocolate like some people. I'd rather have a fruity dessert. But this cake was so light and fluffy! The mousse was soft and the cake was moist. Melt in your mouth good!
Chocolate Mousse Cake [$4.25]
Chocolate Mousse Cake (inside)
I would HIGHLY recommend this place! Most people in Eugene automatically go to Sweet Life Patisserie, but I feel like more people should try out this cute little joint. It has a more "natural" or "hipster" vibe to it than Sweet Life. Sweet Life has a more elegant feel to it. Noisette Pastry Kitchen is a place you should go to if you want to have a relaxing breakfast or brunch with a nice cup of coffee, and Sweet Life is a place to go if you want desserts. The variety of sweets at Sweet Life is incomparable! But hey, who am I to say what's better or worse!? Try both and form your own opinions!