Friday, May 31, 2013

Studio One Cafe

During my freshmen year, I met a guardian angel named Sarah who told me about her favorite eating spots in Eugene (because she is one of the biggest eaters I have ever met). Conveniently located right across of her apartment was Studio Once Cafe, so she decided to take me there one day. Boy, this place is adorable. It has a very old Hollywood diner feel once you enter, with black and white pictures of celebrities adorning the walls. Restaurants with a certain theme automatically catch my attention because I enjoy searching for the subtle and not-so subtle hints of the certain theme throughout the restaurant.

First of all, I have to say this place is probably one of the most affordable breakfast joints in Eugene. You definitely get a very delicious band for your buck.

Pulled Pork Sandwich [$8.25] 
The Big Easy [8.25] 
The Original French Toast [$5.75]
(topped with almond custard, creamy Romanov sauce, and berry compote)

Avocado and Turkey Wrap [$8.00]
Soup&Salad Combo [$7.00]
(Caesar Salad)
Soup&Salad Combo [$7.00]
(Chile Verde)
I would highly recommend this place if you are in search of a hearty and affordable breakfast or lunch. I haven't been to Glenwood's, but from what I have heard, Studio One Cafe blows it out of the water. My favorite thing that I have tried from Studio One has got to be the french toast. YOU NEED TO TRY THE FRENCH TOAST. Prior to eating their french toast, I wasn't really a french toasty kind of person, but now I am converted. It opened my world to how amazing french toast can actually be! The berry compote is unbeatable. Must try. Although everything is yummy, nothing is really "kick-in-the-pants" memorable besides the french toast.