Monday, September 23, 2013

Osaka: September 22, 2013

Today, Tanya and I decided to venture to Osaka for the first time (this trip)! We decided to meet on the rapid train headed towards Sannomiya, but somehow, I ended up at Sannomiya about 10 minutes before she did. From Sannomiya, we bought a ticket to osaka via the super rapid train. The ride took about 20 minutes and once in Osaka station, we headed straight towards the department store.

The store had about 9 floors. We window shopped and then headed up to the 9th floor to get a nice view of Osaka. After thoroughly exploring the JR department store, we went to the Hankyu and Hanshin department stores which were not interesting at all. We didn't know what else to do, so we ended up grabbing lunch at this cute cafe in the JR station. Tanya is a vegetarian, so we had to walk around for a while looking for a place with vegetarian options. We ended up getting pasta, mine had mushrooms, ika, and tarako! So good! We walked around an electronics store and Tanya bought a new iPhone case. After that, we decided to go back to the JR department store so Tanya could by a shirt and I could be a cheapy watch. I needed a watch, so I just bought the cheapest one.

We headed back home at about 5, and I didn't get home until about 6:30. For dinner, I went to the second floor of my house and my family made yakisoba. I don't particularly enjoy dining with the children because they are really noisy, so I retreated to my room soon after I ate so that I could study.