Friday, May 24, 2013

Addi's Diner

Last Sunday, we finally took a highly anticipated trip to Addi's Diner in Springfield, Oregon! Last year,  I heard a lot of good things about Addi's and their outrageous pancakes that I knew I had to go. Unfortunately, I never got around to it last year, so I finally got to go! Yay!

First off, Addi's Diner has the ambience of an old school 50's diner. Decked out with an old cash register, license plates on the walls, and even old parking meters on the tables.
The prices here are unbeatable! Especially for the $4.25 Hot Cakes!!! It will literally take four people to finish this pancake! It is amazingly huge, so the five of us decided to get our own dishes and just share the infamous pancake. I got a very uninspiring biscuit with gravy. I knew I wouldn't have room in my stomach for a full fledged meal and the pancake, so I went very simple. Other people's meals looked really good though! One of the tastiest things that was ordered was the Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, fried potatoes, and two eggs (sunny side up).
Chicken Fried Steak with 2 eggs and Fried Potatoes [$8.75]
My friend also got the strawberry lemonade which was pretty good. It was REALLY sweet, but the fact that there were actual strawberries in it made it forgivable. The best part was by far the fact that it was refillable!
Refillable Strawberry Lemonade [$2.00] 
 Now for the main event! When the pancake came, our jaws literally dropped. The thing was monstrous!
Hot Cake [$4.25]
Apparently if you finish one by yourself, you get a free t-shirt! Love this place, and I would return without a doubt. Friendliest service on the planet and one of the fluffiest pancakes I have ever consumed. I could have taken a nap on that thing! Alas, we were not able to conquer this monster even between the five of us (probably because we all had our own dishes anyway). Springfield always struck me as somewhere I don't want to be because it appears very dangerous, but I would risk my safety just to go get this pancake again.