Monday, June 3, 2013

Prince Puckler's Gourmet Ice Cream

Hello! So today I am writing about the infamous Prince Puckler's! A favorite of not only Eugenites, but also President Obama. Apparently, Obama is a fan of this little creamery...they even put a little sign indicating what his favorite flavor is! If you are wondering, it is Mint Oreo! Anyway, Prince Puckler's is conveniently located close to campus, so it has become a staple for hungry college kids.


Mint Oreo
Oreo Single Scoop + Waffle Cone 
Chai Tea Mini Scoop + Waffle Cone
I am not really sure what all of the images are of because I have gone so many times with so many different people, I don't even remember when I took most of those photos. However, I can tell you that I would recommend Prince Puckler's to anyone who is craving ice cream. They have a TON of flavors, however, their flavors are very "normal." Although there are about 12 different types of coffee flavored ice cream, there is nothing that really jumps out of the blue and bites you. I guess that is the charm of this little shop, it has flavors that everyone knows and loves. This makes this place an A+ choice for families with kids! However, I am biased towards ice cream shops with really funky and innovative flavors. That is why I would choose Red Wagon Creamery over Prince Puckler's. My standard flavor is  "Cookies n' Cream" or basically anything with Oreo. I judge a good ice cream shop based on whether or not I find myself going back to my "usual" or having an urge to try something new. The first time I went to Prince Puckler's I did get my "usual," but by my third trip, I was trying something else.  On the other hand, Red Wagon Creamery doesn't even carry Cookies n' Cream, they carry whatever is in their little cart for the week. That means that their selection is a lot more limited than Prince Puckler's. Both ice creameries are great in their own ways, it all depends what you want your ice cream experience to be.